1/29/2022 About Writing

 I have gone away from writing lately. I have been tired, it has been cold, the boys are running me ragged. My wife is exhausted from school, so after the boys finally go down, she takes a bath while I watch a muted sporting event listening to a book on tape (Currently Bell Hook's Teaching to Transgress) then watching one show together before turning in early to read in bed. I haven't been able to gather my thoughts throughout the day, but that doesn't mean that I haven't had them. A story here, an incomplete idea there, a child's book outline, but I haven't found my way to the pad of paper or computer. 

When my wife comes home, I usually have an option of free time (45 minutes before I have to make dinner, probably four days a week) which during warmer days I use to go for a walk or bike ride, lately it has been to nap, though the term would be more like attempting to rest my eyes. So I should have some sustained energy for after the boys go down to put pen to paper. But it is the last thing I have wanted to do. 

The boys were playing this morning nicely about the house and I felt the computer call to me. I just started flushing out the idea of writing about what my day to day looks like. I was able to get several pages in before cries to join the hiking party upstairs that was attempting to free a black bear from a trap and needed my dad strength to safe the beast. 

The essay will take some to craft if it turns into anything, but there were several ideas while I was reading through it tonight, that I liked to maybe write their own pieces for. One was the need to feel connected which was the original thought behind this blog. I am going to make it a goal to write in this electronic diary for the next 30 days in the hope for myself to help cope with the deep winter and find an outlet for thoughts. I hope you join me on this journey and/or at least some of the ideas and trials resonant with you. 

Comments

Popular Posts